Daily Deal sites are a great distribution network to leverage. Sites like slickdeals and techbargains have have huge followings and get tons organic traffic of value-focus people who are looking to buy something. They also already SEO optimized, and actively work on acquiring new users who can also be your new users.
Their users are value-focused, so for best results offer a coupon for 15-20% off. If you absolutely cannot lower price even for testing purposes offer extra content or bundle a few of your courses if you have them together and offer a coupon for that.
7 Step Execution Plan:
- Check out my list of the Biggest Daily Deal and Coupon sites in the US
- Look for a “submit a deal” link
- Usually located at the top navigation bar or scroll down to the footer
- Submit your deal
- Think really hard about how you position the deal. What you write will probably be copy and pasted when your deal is posted
- Write out your ideal Title, keywords and description as you would want customers to see it
- Let them know how long the sale is for (ideally 1-2 weeks)
- Be personable and describe why your deal is a good deal for the sites customers
- Remember that these deal editors are reading a ton of other submissions everyday so be short and effective
- Use unique codes per site you are submitting for and keep a master list
- Follow up
- If it’s been a day and it hasn’t been posted. Follow up and ask if there’s any questions that you might answer because you’re sure that your course would benefit their readers
- Check the comments section
- If there’s a comments section, check if anyone has questions
- Commenting directly will help get people who are on the fence right over if they think they can ask you questions and get answers fast
- Submit to as many sites as possible
- Review performance
- You should be able to optimize copy and images, as well as prioritize more time on sites that give you the most leads or sales going forward
Remember that unlike other distribution channels needs constant work. It’s not a set it and forget it type of hack. Checking for comments and constantly submitting “new” deals for your course will help get your deal more traffic from the below deal sites.
The Biggest Daily Deal and Coupon sites in the US
- amazon gold box
I hope this helps find the best distribution channel for your online course. Like most marketing campaigns, it usually takes a few tries and a good “mix” of channels to get enough momentum to make a good amount of money.
Leave a comment or find me on Twitter or LinkedIn. Would love to talk about what growth hacks you’ve used or if you’ve found success trying this one.
No Cost Affiliate Marketing Hacks